Amazing Health Benefits of Garlic.
Garlic is a plant in the onion family. It has a botanical name called Allium sativum. As part of shallots, leeks and onions it grows in several parts of Africa, Europe American and other continents.
Apart from it’s special taste, it has a very powerful fragrance and so many health benefits due to the sulfur compounds it contains.
Each segment of garlic is called a clove and it is normally used in cooking due to it’s strong taste and nice fragrant.
Here are some of the health benefits of Garlic:
1. Garlic can reduce high blood pressure: Studies or research has proven that, Garlic can reduce high blood pressure or hypertension to a normal level. It contains nutrient that improves good blood circulation and also helps the heart function properly.
2. Prevents strokes: Diseases like stroke, diabetes and other cardiovascular diseases are one of the most killer diseases in the world today. Interestingly garlic contains supplements that works like “Atenolol” A drug that reduces blood pressure over a 24 – week period.
3. Improves Cholesterol levels: For those struggling with high cholesterol, look no further. Garlic can be your effective remedy. Research has proven that Garlic can lower total and LDL cholesterol.
4. Garlic contains antioxidant: Garlic contains essential antioxidants that helps the body’s protective mechanisms against oxidative damage. It reduces stress and increases antioxidant enzymes in humans.
5. Garlic Detoxifies the body system: Garlic contains high sulphur content which detoxifies the body to repair damaged organs.
6. Garlic may help you live longer: Garlic contains essential supplements that prevents chronic diseases which may lead to a killer disease that may kill.
7. A glove of garlic contains:
Manganese: 2% of daily value (DV)
Fiber: 0.06 grams
Selenium: 1% of daily value
Vitamin B6: 2% of daily value
Vitamin C: 1% of daily value.
Make it a habit to eat garlic regularly in order to enjoy all this benefits.
Wish you good health.